Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving at School

Clayton's school hosted Thanksgiving lunch for the parents today. It totally flipped him out when he realized Brian was there. His cheeks are this red because for the first 15 minutes we were there he was crying. He was UP-SET that Daddy was there and scared to death he was going to leave him! Brian had to hold him the whole lunch just to get him back to a smiling face! Here's the centerpiece that Clayton created:
And I snapped this one just as he finally settled down:
And our "yummy" lunch . . . actually it was all pretty good but there was no way in the world I was going to touch that turkey!!! It was just a little too weird looking for me!

Clayton usually gets nervous about "eating" in front of crowds, but he finally decided to "munch" on this roll. (Side note: he is still totally tube fed, but always gets a plate of what we're eating and does a really good job of pretending to eat everything).
I'm just glad he didn't cry the whole time we were there. It was a trick getting Brian out of there without him realizing it. We had to get his OT to come and take him for therapy and when she got there his focus shifted totally to her, so Brian slipped right out the door. And although he acted like he didn't notice, the first thing he said when I picked him up was "Daddy?" He definitely knew that Daddy had disappeared on him!

4 comments:

Patti H said...

Ashley your little boy is growing up. I loved this post. I showed this post to John and he said "Clayton keeps getting cuter with every photo you show me" Love you guys! Happy Thanksgiving to you three and of course litte baby 'c'. Hugs!!

Anonymous said...

Cuteness! Clayton is getting so big, and he's looking so much like you in these pictures. I hope yall are having a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Oscar T. Grouch said...

glad to hear all of you are doing well. I think about you often.

Cheri Pryor said...

I can't believe how much Clayton looks like a BOY (not even a "little" boy anymore). He's just adorable, Ashley. LOVE the turkey! lol!