Wednesday, August 06, 2008

August

Yikes. Sorry for neglecting the blog. I know some of you are wondering where the heck I'm at! A variety of things are going on--our modem is on the blink, getting ready for our trip to Florida, and a host of other things on our plate. Not to mention that August just isn't my month. I know it's been five years, but time has not faded my memory. I literally relive August 2003 each year. And this year the boys' birthday will be on a Sunday like it was when they were born so I've been thinking all week about what I was doing five years ago on these days. I was suffering through the heat like usual, packing boxes when I was able, getting ready for the move to the rent house and getting ready to build this house. Oh, and I was still dealing with lots of "morning" sickness (all day sickness in my case!). My labor started on Friday night (didn't know it was labor), and I spent all day Saturday in the hospital before giving birth Sunday morning. Wow. Wow. Wow. And just like usual, when I have a flood of memories I'm dealing with, I start obsessing over things. I scanned all of my ultrasound pics so I would have a digital copy of them just in case something happened to the originals. And I took all of the negatives from the first two weeks of the boys' lives to Walgreens to have them put on CD. Costing me a buttload, but I have to have digital images of those as well. So I can make ten backup copies and just stare at them I guess. I'm just scared something will happen to my pictures of Shawn. THANK GOD I have Clayton's smiling face to brighten my days. He is definitely my saving grace and he doesn't even know it! (I borrowed the lyrics from the song "Everyday" by Rascal Flatts for this layout).

4 comments:

Becky said...

I'm sorry Ash. Beautiful layout.

Patti H said...

Been thinking about you guys this week. Big hugs to you all!

Stacy said...

That layout is beautiful Ash. I know that Sunday is going to be rough. I will be thinking about you. I know no words are going to help you...just feel what you need to feel ok. And I am here to vent to anytime you need it.

Cheri Pryor said...

Big hugs. Just let your feelings flow, whatever they are. Lots of prayers for the days ahead as the birthday celebration winds down.