Monday, August 18, 2008

Emerald Coast


The vacation started out a little rough simply because it didn't ever seem like it would stop raining. The ocean was extremely choppy and when it did quit raining, the wind made you feel like you were in a sandblaster!

Clayton and I got to take a dip in the pool Tuesday afternoon, but it was on the chilly side for me--all that rain had it COOOOLD!
But we did finally make it to the beach once the sun came out. Nothing like relaxing on the white sands of the Emerald Coast!

Dad and Brian did some body surfing on the good waves and Brian decided our last day to rent a surfboard, but by then all the good waves were gone--he mainly just got a workout paddling around in the ocean!
Clayton just wanted to be wherever Granny was--no surprise there!
I roped everyone into posing for a group photo. The sunset was perfect.
Brian, Clayton and I went for a ride on the "Seablaster." It's a huge power boat that cruises through the harbor and then out into the open sea. Clayton got a turn at driving the boat and everyone clapped for him when he was done. It was a nice ride--I was fine in the harbor, but I got extremely seasick in the 3-5 foot waves--I'd never make it on Deadliest Catch! I'm so glad I didn't decide to go deep sea fishing with Brian!


5 comments:

Nic said...

Looks like allot of fun. Wish we could have been there. Maybe next year :)

Patti H said...

wow all your photos make me miss Florida. Love the cool dude relaxing on the tube. Great photos as always Ashley. Love your family shot as well as the ones with your parents. LOL at Clayton wanting to be where Granny is. Why does that sound so familiar to me? LOL

Lee-Ellen said...

those pics are gorgeous!! what a beautiful family!! glad you guys had a good time!

Cheri Pryor said...

Can I just tell you how much I laughed at the picture of Clayton chillaxin' on the lounge chair? lol!! Such a cool little dude....

Trish said...

Love your family pics! And Clayton is the cutest little boy! So much fun!!