Monday, April 28, 2008

Opryland Hotel

Yes, I'm still talking about the trip! There's just so many aspects I wanted to share that I'm having to spread it out over several blog posts!
I've really been trying hard to learn more about my camera, and Brian is patiently explaining things over and over until they sink in. It would probably help if I practiced every single day, but I just don't have the time to devote to it just yet! We weren't shooting on complete manual for these, just Av, but that's a big step for me considering I'm very fond of just shooting in P mode. Brian took these first two or three and then let me practice after that. It takes so many shots to get just the right lighting that I can't believe how frustrating it was when shooting like this in film. At least with digital you can see immediate results and change the settings accordingly! Thank goodness for technology, right?! (Remember to double click on the pics to get a better view!)








This last one is from Trish's husband's camera. I never did get a wide shot of the conservatory, so I borrowed his to show off here. Keep in mind that this is just ONE of the "common areas." There were several other wide, expansive spaces just like this one! This place was so massive, there is no way to describe how intricate all the details were in every nook and cranny. I can't imagine the architectural and landscaping plans!

6 comments:

Patti H said...

wow Ashley you really captured the feeling of the hotel! Love the shot of you and Clayton. John says you are very photogenic

Cassandra said...

WOW! What great pics!

Nic said...

Can Brian teach me too?!?! I need some serious help!!

Noel said...

beautiful shots Ashley!! Sounds like you ha a really fun time!

Jac said...

Beautiful pics! I actually grew up right outside of Nashville....you should see that place during the holidays. The festival of lights is amazing!

Trish said...

Awesome pics! Love your pics and Ron's pic looks awesome the way you posted it, LOL! Love the pic of you and Clayton!!