Monday, August 31, 2009

Going With the Flow

Not something I'm normally good at--once I have a plan in my head, I like sticking with it. Not possible when schooling a six year old though! Today we began our weather unit and with it being absolutely beautiful outside, we sat on a quilt under the trees in the backyard. We were reading our second book about the sky and counting the clouds when I lost him. Lost him to the bulldozer coming across the field and into the neighbor's backyard for remodeling cleanup. So for the next hour or so I guess you could say we were back on our transportation unit! He was mesmerized by the bulldozer. I think it's just something that's ingrained in the male DNA!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL Yup.

I remember holding Ian as he slept, he must have been about 6 or 7 months old. Anyway, I was watching TV. A car commercial came on with reviving engines and it woke him right up.

He was so curious, he tried to sit up quickly . . . but he wasn't all that good at sitting up yet. LOL

It's a boy thing.