Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Back From Florida

We spent last week in North Florida visiting Brian's family. We stayed in Fernandina Beach and enjoyed the sights and sounds of the ocean. I don't think I could ever get tired of listening to those waves roll in at night!
Brian and I couldn't help but laugh on the way home about how crazy it is with two kids now. Clayton has always kept us running in circles, but now that Jackson is here it seems that all we do is put out fires! ("Fires" usually equals POOP in this family). If one isn't pooping the other is, and if neither are pooping, at least one is crying (or whining in Clayton's case), and if that isn't happening, then it's bath time, feeding time, or meds time!!! I guess it's that way here at home, but it sure seemed to be magnifed when we were on the road or visiting with relatives. Seems we never all just sat down and talked--one of us was always taking care of the current crisis!
At any rate, I'm glad to be home in my little safe zone. Nothing like familiar surroundings for a homebody like me!!

3 comments:

Patti H said...

funny how one little guy can change it all up eh? Glad you had a good time and are home all safe and sound

Cheri Pryor said...

When craziness and chaos goes on the road for a travelling show, it becomes...well...even crazier and more chaotic. lol! Glad you made it back home safe and sound.

Carolyn Spaulding said...

I finally took time to look at your Blogspot. I am so impressed with your skills Ashley. The writing, picture taking, and how you find the time to do all this. The sight is good for learning how to teach any child. I passed it on to Natalie so she can keep up with you, Brian and the boys.Grandma Selph is coming out to view the site also. Clayton is doing so well, Jackson is growing so fast and I can't wait to see them and you two again. Perhaps we might take a trip some time. Love ya! Aunt Carolyn