Friday, October 03, 2008

Layouts

Yes, it's been a slow blogging week. Clayton was home the last two days sick and I really didn't think anyone wanted to hear about how many times we moved from the couch to the chair to the bed and then back to the couch. But to make up for that I'll share some layouts. I did this first one for a Survivor contest I'm in. We had to create a layout with the following: (1) title is "Life is Beautiful" (2) journaling on a cloud (3) paper-pieced tree (4) stitching on an edge (5) bird, owl, or deer (6) and two photo corners. I decided these pics by Nicole were great for this title. The journaling is a quote from Ashley Smith Robinson: "Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams."

The next one is Clayton's latest birthday of course. Journaling: This year, you knew the party was for you. NO CRYING--ALL SMILES!!!

And this last one is just my thoughts on this whole struggle with preschool.

Journaling: Your journey into preschool has opened our eyes in such a shocking way. With us, you experience everything possible—there are no limits to what you can do. But out in the world, people see your brain as incapable and slow just because your body doesn’t work. It is this revelation that has forced me into my “mama bear” mode, essentially screaming out with my words and actions to anyone who will listen—he is a normal five year old living inside a body that won’t work! And there’s only one word for it: TRAPPED. My little boy is trapped inside his body, and trapped in a system that only reluctantly makes modifications. But no matter . . . we will carry on like we always have, ignoring the boxes that people try to fit you in. Daddy and I will always bend over backwards to give you all the opportunities imaginable!!!!!

9 comments:

Lee-Ellen said...

great layouts ashley!

the one about preschool brought tears to my eyes! clayton is so lucky to have you and brian!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful layouts Ashley! Love the journaling on the "Trapped" layout, remind the world to think outside the box. :hug:

Nic said...

They are all beautiful!!

Cheri Pryor said...

Beautiful work!! Could those girls be any stinkin' CUTER??? OMG!! And lovely journaling about Clayton's preschool beginnings. ((hugs))

Lori Petticrew said...

love the last layout

Patti H said...

you already know I loved your layouts. Is Clayton feeling better?

Oscar T. Grouch said...

amazing journalling

Kristin said...

Beautiful layouts. I love the fight that you, Brian, and Clayton have - the world is yours to conquer!!

Leslie said...

these are wonderful! I love that first one. hope you are well and all in your home. Happy fall.