Thursday, October 30, 2008

Ch-ch-ch-Changes!

Thank you to everyone for all your well wishes and prayer support! I'll look forward to keeping you all updated on the details of the pregnancy as some of you out there are already sending me inquiries! First off, I am due June 10, which seems like a lifetime away. But considering my doctor told me Monday that at 18 weeks I need to have all my helpers lined out for taking it easy, I really don't have that long it seems (that's just 10 weeks away!). My biggest concern has been lifting Clayton and his wheelchair which is already hard on my back. Doctor says I'm okay for now but accept help if at all possible. I'm soon going to have to enroll the school personnel to help me get Clayton out of the car. When I was pregnant with the twins, I had lots of issues with my sciatic nerve and I'm already feeling that pain after lifting Clayton a lot. Not good, but what do you do??? Things are already changing. Clayton gets a bath at night now instead of the morning so Brian can do the lifting. And at church I pretty much let everyone else take over. Being pregnant also immediately affects my singing if you can believe that. I haven't had enough breath for singing since almost day one of the pregnancy. I can't even reach the notes that usually come easily for me either! And since I have a singing engagement tonight, it should be pretty interesting!
Overall, these first few weeks have been a breeze compared to the twins. I was sick from day one with them. I have had some waves of nausea but so far not truly sick. Thank goodness! Here's to no real morning sickness!

6 comments:

Oscar T. Grouch said...

I am so happy for you.

Tara said...

I had the same issues with singing and lack of breath! Unfortunately, it never got better for me, only worse, so I will be praying for your voice. The main thing is that you are worshiping God with your singing, and he definitely understands! :-)

Patti H said...

you better keep this blog updated or we are all going to be stalking you! We need photos too!!

Leslie said...

i second everything Patti just said!

Cassandra said...

Take care of yourself chickie!

Amy said...

Take care and get those helpers ready. Praying for an easy pregnancy for you!