Friday, July 25, 2008

Eleven Years

Today Brian and I celebrate our eleventh wedding anniversary. It's so hard to believe that in the summer of 1996 I drove off to Yellowstone National Park to find freedom and ended up meeting my future husband as soon as I got there! I'm such a rule follower and NON-risk taker that I really can't believe that I called my parents at the end of the summer to see if he could come home with me to meet them! Totally out of character for me to bring a complete stranger home from a summer in Wyoming! But it was definitely all in God's plan--my parents loved him from the start and knew there was something special between us. We spent a few months flying between Florida and Arkansas and Brian proposed to me on December 28, 1996. Definitely a whirlwind romance, but when you know, you JUST KNOW!

12 comments:

ChristyR said...

Happy Anniversary and thank you for sharing your story! Love it.

Patti H said...

awww Ashley this post gave me goosebumps! You both are very special people! Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

happy anniversary!! :D

Stacy said...

Happy Anniversary guys!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nic said...

Happy Anniversary!!

gab423 said...

Happy Anniversary! :)

Michelle said...

Happy anniversary! What a great story :)

Cassandra said...

What a great picture-- Congrats!

Rachel said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Gorgeous Picture!!

Lori Petticrew said...

happy anniversary!

Kelli said...

ahhh Happy Anniversary! You look like you are doing well! VBS looked fun, I know our kiddos had a blast on their island adventure VBS :)

Noel said...

Wow Ashley, what a great story and a great photo! Congratulations!

Hope you are enjoying your summer!
:)