Saturday, January 08, 2011

1/52: Something Around the House

As I mentioned before, I've decided to join a Project52 group for the year.  I love taking pictures, but the one thing I struggle with is being creative with my photography.  I am such a Type A personality (i.e., only one way to do things), that I often struggle with thinking outside the box.  I'm hoping this challenge will push me to look for different perspectives.  The theme for this first week in 2011 was "something around the house."  At first, I did the predictable:  I took a picture of something ordinary, with no real thought.  Then after browsing my photos, I decided to rethink the theme.  This sorter is one of the manipulatives we received with our new curriculum.  I decided the colors would make an interesting shot.  It's not technically perfect, but it's a totally different perspective than I would normally have!

No comments: