Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Day 196

Today, Jackson is 196 days old. Why do I mark today of all days, you ask? It's simple. Clayton spent 196 days in the NICU. Can you believe it!? If Jackson had done the same, today would be the day we would bring him home. And knowing this makes me so sad for Clayton! So sad for all the time we missed with him! Yes, we were there in the NICU with him, but he wasn't AT HOME with us!


I am SO THANKFUL we didn't have to live through the NICU experience again. And I'm especially thankful Jackson didn't have to live through it. When I was looking back through Clayton's scrapbook of his first year to get these pics out, I couldn't believe how many times my journaling was about the noise, lights, and distractions. Can you imagine coming out of the quiet of your mother's womb to the continous noise and light of a NICU for the next six months SOLID? Wow. It's no wonder it took him a whole year to even start feeling good in general.

Thank you, Lord, for allowing us all to be together from day one. It is such blessing to be with my babies here at home, without the audience of the hospital crowd and without the distractions.

2 comments:

Katy said...

Amen. Really nothing more to say than that.

Patti H said...

I am so happy for you all too! yOU HAVE a beautiful family Ashley