Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Fleeting Thought

For a couple of years now I've had so many people saying "you ought to go for American Idol" and I just smile and say "NO CAN DO." That's because American Idol now has this little thing called an age limit which prevents us old people from trying out. And so after the demise of our current band and after watching "Can You Duet" on CMT, I started looking into Nashville Star. Of course they had already chosen the finalists for this season, but I was just researching for info on the next season. Three, five, or ten years ago I would have never thought about it, but I've gained a lot more confidence and I'm to the point of "why the heck not?" And then I got my answer! I was listening to the Nashville Star talk show on XM and learned that the contestants are COMPLETELY shut off from their world. No contact WITH ANYONE. (Now see, in my mind I was thinking that if I was chosen that Brian and Clayton could be right there with me). Your family isn't even allowed in the audience! I knew contestants were under lock and key, but I assumed that didn't include immediate family. Who do they think inspires me the most???? The very people I wouldn't be able to see! Now this is all just speculation, a dream really . . . but I'm glad I found out now instead of trying out and then having to make some major decision! Guess I'll have to get famous some other way!

4 comments:

ChristyR said...

i think you should still go for it! pretend your on survivor but a singing survivor.

maybe you should record a video of yourself and put it on tally so we can all hear your sweet sounding voice?!

Patti H said...

You know Ashley you should still try out and consider it. I say just do it!! I will come and be in the audience for ya!! You know Brian and Clayton would be right behind ya all the way!!

Kelli said...

I say just go for it, then you can atleast say you made it,even if you can't go through with it, YA KNOW? I have have confidence it wouldn't be that bad, maybe they would change their rules?

Cheri Pryor said...

You should totally do it!! At least just to say "I did it" so you wouldn't regret it, kwim?