Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Thirty Minutes of Wonderful

For my baby, who went to Heaven four years ago today. Thank you, Lord for our short time with him. Journaling: It was easily the hardest night of my life. But in retrospect, I count the experience as a sweet blessing. I had been there as Shawn entered the world, and on this night and morning, it was a privilege to be there as he left us. How many other mothers have the opportunity to literally rock their baby into the arms of Jesus? My baby is lucky. He will never know the heartaches of this world. He will never struggle with the unknown effects of his early birth. He will always be innocent. He will always be perfect. For me, my time with him will be some of the very minutes that make my lifetime special.

10 comments:

Lee-Ellen said...

that's beautiful ashley!! big hugs and prayers for you and your family today - love ya!

Becky said...

Thinking of you guys today Ashley!Beautiful tribute :)

Leslie said...

absolutely beautiful...I don't know if it helps you any to sit and scrap that but I sure hope it did. you are an amazing mom! much love to you.

Anonymous said...

Ashley, what a beautiful tribute to your precious little angel. Your journaling, as always, is breathtaking.
Hugs to you and yours... Monika

Jes said...

it's perfect ashley, just perfect *hugs*

Paula... said...

Oh Ashley that is soooo beautiful, hugs to you all.

Anonymous said...

What a beautful tribute to your little guy. I'm in tears....

Ginkelmier said...

Whenever I am thinking life is hard, I come read your blog and am inspired...What a beautiful page!

Anonymous said...

It's such a beautiful layout Ashley. :hug: :kiss:

Chris said...

this is absolutely a beautiful layout!