Monday, January 08, 2007

Making Music

So last year our "original" band broke up. We lost our drummer and keyboard player and we decided to just take a rest for a while. Rest time is over! I've really been wanting to get back into the groove, but getting started is proving to be tough. Right now, the members of the band officially are only me and Brian and our bass player, Charlie. We are all ready to go, but we are on the search for a drummer and another guitar player. We have a drummer in mind, but he is having trouble committing, which is making us nervous--we definitely want someone who is excited about the project. He is an excellent musician, and he is great at actually producing the music. I just wish he would get a sign from God that this is the way he should go. In the meantime, we have a guitar player coming to house Thursday night for a small jam session just to see if we mesh with him. I know he's talented, it's just a matter of seeing if he fits with us and with our music. I'm really hoping this is the start of something big for us. I have so much on my heart that I want to share with other people and I know that music can be a great outlet for that, not to mention just a fun way to pass the time.

2 comments:

kristin said...

Praying that you can find just the right members for your band and be able to glorify God through the joyous sounds, Ashley.

Paula... said...

I hope you can find that drummer you so need :) I can hear the excitement in your words :)