Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Contest Entries

I just finished the Team Scrappin' Contest over at sassacraft.com. My partner was Patti H and I really enjoyed doing my first online contest with her. We didn't win, but we did get some great layouts done and we got a few votes here and there. Maybe next time we'll do better!
Our first assignment was to use a black background, at least one word of our title had to be black, and both team members had to use the same layout title. Patti scrapped a pic of her grandson and I scrapped this pic of Clayton--the title was the perfect choice for these cuties! The journaling is about how Clayton melted our hearts when he repeated the words "I love you" back to us.
The next assignment was a little harder for me. We had to choose a sketch as a team and both use it as our "map" for our layout. The curve in our sketch was totally hard for me, since I usually stay with straight lines! Brian says he couldn't believe I was posting this online because it's "not my best work." Oh well. Got these pics scrapped at least!
We had a bonus challenge that same week and we had to create a card with two brads, at least one heart, and at least one photo corner. This is what I came up with:

The next week was even harder for me because we had to alter something. I am NOT an alterer. I would much rather stick with layouts.


For a bonus challenge, we had to use the title "Simple Pleasures" in a layout. I love how this turned out (got to use my Cricut). The journaling is just a list of some things that make Clayton happy.


For the last week, the theme was pink and orange. One team member had to do a pink layout, the other, an orange layout. I am SO not good with orange, but this is what I came up with:

I'm going to be doing another contest at scrapforums.com--it starts in February. Even if I don't win, these contests do force me to step out of my creative box--it's neat to see what you can come up with when you get the assignment.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I think you did fabulous LOs and projects! Great work!

Paula... said...

WOW you did an amazing job on all of these challenges - sounds like so much fun :)