Monday, January 09, 2012

Move Forward, Move Upward

"Faith is progressive.  Faith never gets into a bad situation and says, 'I'm just going to sit here and die.  It's over.'  Faith never stands in the desert, having a pity party with everything drying up around it.  You walk by faith.  You don't stand still, drowning in your misery.  When you get in a wilderness, you keep walking; you keep going forward even if you are only making an inch of progress with each step.  When you get into battles, you have to keep saying, 'I will move forward.'" ~Jentezen Franklin, "Fasting"


This passage resonated with me as I read this weekend.  I felt compelled to share it with my blog readers.  Thankfully, I am not in the "desert" at the moment.  But maybe someone out there needs to read these words today . . . just keep on keeping on--walk with and towards the Lord, and the reward will come.

These were all commended for their faith, yet none of them received what had been promised, since God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect.  Hebrews 11:39-40

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh, I love that. I love Jentezen Franklin. He is so RIGHT! I have read a couple of his books and the one on fasting. Thanks for sharing. I also love most all the scriptures in Hebrews, especially those on faith. That sure have gotten my through some rough patches.