Wednesday, April 01, 2009

30 Weeks

Just got back from my 30 week appointment. Felt like I hadn't seen the doctor in ages since it had been a whole two weeks! I still feel good and in general I'm doing well, but things are changing. The good news: my cervix is still very thick. The not-so-good news: I've dilated to a "tight 1 (cm)" which is a definite change from the last time she checked me (cervix was fully closed at last check). I also had "large blood volume" in my urine today, so that's been sent off for a culture to see if it's another bladder infection or if the blood is coming from my cervix. She asked me if I've been having contractions, and to be honest I really don't know! The baby is EXTREMELY busy almost all the time and it feels like he's been turning lots of somersaults--who knows? These feelings may actually be some contractions??? All I know is I didn't know I was contracting during my last labor until they hooked me up to the monitor and told me I was, so I'm probably not the best person to ask!! She sent off another fetal fibronectin test since things were changing. We'll know the results tomorrow and go from there.
Surprisingly, I wasn't panicked after the visit. I just feel so blessed to have gotten this far that I feel like I'm in the home stretch now. And the baby looked great on the ultrasound today. It took her forever to get his heartrate because he was "practicing" breathing. You could see his little chest moving back and forth. Doctor says this is a sign of fetal well-being and that means he's a happy camper! I say keep on practicing breathing, baby, because it'll be great to have those nice and healthy lungs!!!

5 comments:

rosebud said...

We are thrilled with your progress and continue praying for you!
Our love,
Al and Rose Hamilton

Patti H said...

sending good baby vibes everyday! I agree it is getting so close!!

Yankee said...

I'm so excited to see each update. Go, baby!

Tanya Smith said...

Hey Ashley - I am so excited for you. I don't make it on your blog very often anymore, so I was going to get an update from you last night but my lovely migraine had other plans.
I cannot wait to meet the little sweetie pie!! :o)

Allison W. said...

I think it's time for a new belly picture!