Monday, October 30, 2006

Family Time

On Saturday, we took a long drive through the Natural State. We went with some friends of ours and just made a complete day of enjoying the fall scenery. We drove up to Mt. Nebo, and then on to Mt. Magazine, which is the highest point in Arkansas and also the highest point between the Appalachains and the Rockies. (Little known trivia facts).

I was really hoping to get a good family photo, but we didn't have a lot of luck. Brian set the camera and Allison took the photo--we just couldn't get the lighting right and the wind was brutal--IT WAS COLD on top of that mountain! This one was about as good as it got, and we look really windblown.

I swear that someday I'm going to learn to use our camera. I take almost all my shots on auto and Brian changes the settings constantly and always gets some neat photos with different lighting and angles. You'd think I would have soaked up some of his knowledge over the years, but I've yet to pay attention when he's explaining stuff. I just say "here, you do it." The first two photos are by me and the last two are by him--definitely a difference on the coloring!



This is the new lodge up at Mt. Magazine--it was extremely crowded up there and they even had a wedding going on--it was beautiful and breathtaking--I'm sure they have it booked up for many months to come. They have lots of cabins up there too--I'm thinking I'd want to stay in a cabin instead of the lodge--seems more secluded.

We had a great time except for the cold air, and we all slept on the way home--Brian had to drive, so he was left to his own company. Can't wait until we can do something like this again.

5 comments:

MonaK2 said...

Glad you had a nice family outing! It is beautiful there!

Cassandra said...

Beautiful pictures! I swear Clayton is the perfect blend of you two!

Jennifer said...

Those are gorgeous photos, Ashley! I'll be visiting the Natural State for Thanksgiving -- my grandma lives in Bella Vista., and we may go to Little Rock for a day or two. I am really looking forward to it!

Anonymous said...

I think the family shot is beautiful!!! Clayton looks so much like your DH :)

Oscar T. Grouch said...

man does Clayton ever look big.

Brian does take nice shots, but yours aren't that shabby at all.