Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Mighty Warriors

This weekend we had a Prayer Summit at our church.  Pastor Corey Jones of Crossroads Tabernacle was our leader in this endeavor.  I thought all day yesterday about what I would write about the weekend.  There really is no way to describe the movement of the Holy Spirit! 

He gave me lots to think about and I do believe our church will never be the same as a result of his insights.  I think the biggest revelation for me was the reminder that we are all MIGHTY WARRIORS in the sight of God (Judges 6).  When we pray, we use the most powerful sword imaginable against the enemy--and when we pray, the enemy is sent shaking in his boots!!!  Satan doesn't mind Bible study classes, regular church services, Sunday School parties, outreach programs, etc.  He infiltrates those types of meetings ALL. THE. TIME.  (How many of you know what I'm talking about here?!)  But a corporate prayer meeting?  When we are crying out to the Lord, calling down His Glory into our midst . . . Satan is powerless against it! 

"After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken.  And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the Word of God boldly." ~Acts 4:31

Never again will I get nervous in a prayer meeting when everyone is praying aloud.  And never again will I get nervous when people are lifting their hands in prayer.  It's taken me many years at a {semi}-charismatic church to get to this point, but I am finally in that place of not caring what others think.  If falling on my knees and crying out to the Lord will bring healing to Clayton (not the only prayer in my life, but it's at the top of the list), then let me humble myself before Him and let His will be done!

2 comments:

Karen Mills said...

Being in a crowd of prayer warriors is an amazing experience. We serve a mighty God and He hears all our prayers.

Cheri Pryor said...

And everyone said "AMEN!"