Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Latest Layouts


I haven't been able to get the mojo going lately, but I thought I'd share my latest layouts anyway. "Twins" was a page that's been a long time in coming. I'm to the point now where I really want to pour myself into some of these NICU pics and celebrate our blessings in spite of the boys' early birth. I've done a lot with Clayton's pics (won't be sharing them here because they were some of the first scrapbook pages I did and they aren't that pretty compared to some of my pages now!). I'm thinking I'm ready to dive into Shawn's pics. We'll see how it goes . . .
Journaling for "Twins:" During a routine ultrasound on April 22, 2003, Brian and I discovered we would be having twins. DOUBLY BLESSED! We drove around town showing off the pictures in order to share the news. What a miracle of life you both are--growing and living together from the very beginning! Shawn entered our world at 1:42 am weighing 1 lb. 12 oz. and Clayton came at 1:46 am weighing 1 lb. 8 oz. Both 12 inches long--both MIRACLES!
Had to do this next page to record some more of Clayton speak. "Babin' soup" is what he calls a bathing suit!

These pics were on the blog, and this is yet another quote from Clayton. He's constantly asking these days if we need his help!

And last but not least, another blog entry set to scrapbook paper. To read the journaling go here.

I'm sure you've noticed a trend with my layouts. Seems like most originate from the blog. Definitely a blog bonus--journaling's done, story's told, just print the words, print the pics, and scrapbook!

7 comments:

Lee-Ellen said...

love the layouts ash!! they are fabulous! you are doing such a great job telling shawn's story!

Patti H said...

love your layouts Ashley!!

photographer said...

i love your los and devotion to your boys. all of them are lovely memories, and i know you cherish each and every one. tfs!

gab423 said...

Always so beautiful, Ashley!

Oscar T. Grouch said...

love your LO, I have so few of DS done that I am ashamed.

Cassandra said...

You are the queen of the single page LOs!

Cheri Pryor said...

Great pages!! So beautiful, as always. Love the "babin' suit"...so cute!! I can just hear him with his little drawl. lol!