Thursday, September 11, 2008

Who Knew?

Who knew preschool could be so stressful? I mean, isn't this supposed to be new, exciting and fun??? Clayton has little spurts of fun throughout the day, but I'm told he has a major meltdown each time a therapist leaves him in the classroom or even mentions going back to the classroom. The same meltdown I see when I leave him in the morning--it is horrible! Our meeting with the teachers is Monday and I basically told the director if it isn't working after that, then we're outta there. There is absolutely no sense in him continuing to attend if they don't change their approach to him. I'm pretty sure they think that since his body doesn't work that he is a nothing in the thinking area as well. So not true!! And they just aren't getting the fact that he wants to try everything and be a part of the whole classroom, not just the two or three things that they think he should stick to. UGH. The whole situation has just about given me an ulcer! In fact, he had a haircut scheduled for today and I decided to let him stay home the whole day instead of just being gone a couple of hours. Totally wimpy of me, but I just thought I'd save him the trouble of getting all worked up this morning!!!!!

7 comments:

Nic said...

Bless both of your hearts. I hope things get better!!

Lee-Ellen said...

i'm so sorry this hasn't gone well! big hugs!

Patti H said...

I hope things change and Clayton ends up loving it!

Kelli said...

ditto :0 ) huGS girl, on the brite side, we're apparently in MM mag via Gretchen!: :)

Yankee said...

IT's such a tough transition for everyone. I hope things settle quickly.
Nancy

Kristin K Stock said...

Dang it all. I am so sorry Ash. I keep saying prayers. I love ya and Clayton too!!

Anonymous said...

*HUGS* for you and your family.

You must be a very special mom.