Monday, September 22, 2008

Something Special

When I started my "She" album, I really wanted to celebrate myself and my uniqueness. But a lot of the layouts I've done for that album have been more than a little melancholy at times. But after I sang at an event last week and after a subsequent conversation with Brian, I decided to do a purely boastful page about myself!!! At this particular event last week, I literally brought the house down (bad sound system and all!). The Holy Spirit was all over that room, and it seemed there wasn't a dry eye in the house. And the thing is, it seems to be like that each time I sing! When I'm in front of people, I feel a natural relaxing of the crowd or something--I can't even explain it, but I definitely feel and see it! And when I really think about it, it's absolutely amazing that it happens each time I sing--it would be a blessing if it just happened once in a lifetime!
Journaling: When she sings, people listen . . . really, truly listen. God uses her voice to soften hearts and penetrate even the most stubborn of spirits. She is humbled by this gift He has blessed her with, and proudly shares it with all those around her.

8 comments:

Lee-Ellen said...

great layout ashley!!

Oscar T. Grouch said...

one day I want to hear you sing.

Lori Petticrew said...

wonderful layout! brag all you want!

Yankee said...

I would so love to hear you sing. Excellent LO. You go, girl!
Nancy

Patti H said...

can't wait to hear you sing live one day!! Love your layout Ashley

Amy said...

Belt it, girl!

Kelli said...

You rock girlfriend, and one of these days I will truly get to hear that IRL :)

Cassandra said...

I would LOVE to hear you sing live. Maybe one day....