Monday, November 19, 2007

I've Got an Idea

Since I don't "work" my mind is always coming up with new projects that I could start, but I'm too tired to ever really act on them. My latest idea involves the other parents that I see daily at the clinic. I've always known there are other people out there with special needs children, but it wasn't until I started taking Clayton to the clinic that I realized that we really have lots in common and it would be great to share the burdens and joys of our children together. So my first idea was to set up some kind of social function for the parents/moms just so we could meet and visit with each other. That was several weeks ago when I thought of that and one of Clayton's therapists even encouraged me to talk to their non-profit person about helping me get it started. Then today I thought about how I could use scrapbooking as a bonding tool. I've really missed teaching my classes since the LSS closed, and I love the outlet that scrapbooking our story has provided for me. So why couldn't these other mothers do the same? I could come up with some different ideas on how to get them started on scrapbooking their child's journey or even their personal or family journey through life with special needs. That's what's always been my strong suit anyway in scrapbooking, the journaling and telling of the story. I'm definitely not known for my unique artistic skills--just known as a mother who pours her heart into her creations. I'm really thinking about giving this a go, just need to put my ideas on paper and talk to the non-profit lady about some help from the clinic. Surely they'll be willing!

5 comments:

Lee-Ellen said...

what an awesome idea ashley!! i think that would be a great thing for you to head up and a great creative outlet for the other moms!! best of luck!!

Vanessa {Bloom Right Here!} said...

I also think it is a great idea. Wish I lived there so I could join you. Actually, since I'm only 45 miles away, I might keep it in mind. I'll keep watching your blogs for updates.

Noel said...

Well that's a fantastic idea!! Go for it!

Nic said...

Hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving!! Don't eat to much of Grandmothers good cookin :)

Anonymous said...

I think it's a great idea. You are such an inspiration to me and I know you could be for others as well. God has blessed you with many gifts, use them.
Happy Thanksgiving!