Friday, November 30, 2007

Have I Told You About Brian's New Toy?

On Black Friday we ventured out to shop with our houseguests, even though I would have preferred staying home. And since we were out, I could tell Brian was itching to make a purchase. He stayed in the kitchen section of each store. He finally told me that he had been comparing expresso machines. He does spend lots of money at Starbucks so I was fine with whatever he wanted. But little did I know what he would do once he got it home! The first afternoon he drank about six or seven expressos while "perfecting" his recipe. He was up until about 2:30 am! It wasn't that big a deal that night because he didn't have to work the next day, but last Sunday night was a totally different story. He was STILL drinking expressos at 9:30 just like they were cups of water. HE DID NOT SLEEP AT ALL Sunday night! I think he finally laid down around 5:00 am!!! I think it finally dawned on him that he was going to have to drink in moderation or never sleep again! He said that was as close to doing crystal meth as he'll ever come! He's still using the machine a lot (ANNOYING sounding machine), but at night he's running tea through it thank goodness!!

6 comments:

Lee-Ellen said...

too funny!! my mil wants one - what kind did he get?

Christy said...

that cracks me up! oh boys in their toys!!

Kelli said...

hee hee :) silly boys...they just don't get it sometimes, huh? LOL

Noel said...

lol!

Kristin K Stock said...

BBBAAAHHHHHAAAA.......every man needs a toy. How come Ron's are usually tractors, excavator and bulldozers :) OH and his Wii

Leslie said...

that's hilarious! I can just imagine him making all those cups of espresso for just the right taste! Boys and their toys LOL