Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Checking In

Yes, I am here. Just busy with little things and not spending lots of time on the computer. My FIL and family were here from last Wednesday to Sunday so entertaining them took lots of my time. Clayton had a procedure done in the O. R. this morning, so I've been holding him and spoiling him for most of the day. He had his ear tubes removed and his teeth cleaned. His little preemie teeth look SO much better. The doctor explained that all of his medical issues and treatments have done nothing to help nuture the growth of strong, good looking teeth, so we're lucky that they've turned out as well as they have. I'm hoping his permanent teeth look better, but he also explained that they were being formed right after his birth and up to three years of age, so his health issues could have affected them as well. But this doctor was SUPER empathetic and assured me that whatever Clayton ended up with, if he could make it better, he would. You could tell by the way he talked and acted that he has a heart for these special kids. Such a 180 from the original dentist we saw there. Thank goodness we changed doctors!! But back to Clayton, he's been sleeping all day from the effects of the anesthisia. And of course now he's wide awake! Even so, I'm sure I won't have to beg him to get to sleep tonight--between the medicine and the getting up at 4 am, he's beat!

No comments: