Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Cardboard Testimonies

If you've ever seen this video on youtube, then you'll know what I mean when I say "Cardboard Testimony." But if not, take a minute to watch . . .





On Easter, we took part in sharing our testimony with our church and visitors. It's such a simple concept: this is what we were, and on the flip side, this is what we are WITH GOD. We had so many special testimonies shared at our own church, that I was bound and determined to get the video up on my blog. But the file is way too big, and I'm just way too video-challenged (simply put: I don't understand our software!).


It's taken several years to get to this point in our journey, but Brian and I are both learning that the challenges we have been given are indeed a part of the "bigger plan" God has for us, and that our son is thriving despite all of the hardships!! Do we still get frustrated? Yes. Do we still ask why? Yes. But it is so much easier to accept the answers these days---and because of this particular journey we've come to know so many special families and kids. It's eye-opening the day you realize the most challenging aspects of your life are also the ones that bring you the most blessings!


(Quite an emotional moment . . .)

4 comments:

Lori Petticrew said...

god bless your entire family

Unknown said...

I LOVE cardboard testimonies. I cant even tell you - I tear up every single time! thanks for sharing!

Jennifer Ortiz said...

Wow, that's just amazing.

Jenkins said...

I am not sure how I feel upon your blog. I was searching for some information from other moms and feel upon yours.
The cardboard testimonies is amazing. God loves everyone. We all have a story. For some of us our story is our child. Through that child so many stories are told and God's love is shown.