Tuesday, October 24, 2006

I'm Here

Just busy doing a whole lot of stuff and not feeling like I've accomplished anything!
My Maw-Maw is holding her own--she is just so weak. I appreciate everyone's concern and prayers.
We went to our Sunday School class's fall party Friday night. It felt good to hang out with friends from church (since we never get to anymore). We didn't go on the hayride because there were about a gazillion kids on the trailer. We just hung out at the fire instead. Clayton was just as happy to do that . . . we also went to my nephew's birthday party Saturday. There were so many kids, and many had snotty noses. I spent the whole time praying Clayton wouldn't get sick--my stomach was in knots. I know those other parents think I'm a freak. I finally said, c'mon Clayton, you can't be around sick kids (as someone's daughter was coughing up their lung). The mother just looked at me weird and gathered her daughter up. My dad said I didn't sound hateful and that I handled it well, but in my mind I was freaking out. I just hope she didn't take it personal.
We still haven't made it to the pumpkin patch. I was really hoping to take Clayton out there this year. We had a really good time last year--maybe we'll still make it. It feels like fall and I think I've offically decided this is my favorite time of year. Funny, I always thought I was a summer person. Things change I guess, even your favorite season.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

oh your post made me smile! I was getting ready to call out the guards :) I hate sick kids....I really do. It's so hard to not worry and brush it off when you know you'll be spending the next 7 days or worse fighting it off, so you did the right thing :)

Glad to hear you are well. Praying for you :)

Danielle Holsapple said...

Hope you get to the patch soon!