Monday, June 19, 2006

What A Weekend!

Whew. Glad that's over! Clayton decided to give us a run for our money this weekend. He had major oxygen problems early Saturday morning so we had to start breathing treatments at around 7:00 am. Then I gave him a bath just to get his blood circulating and trying to wake him up so he would BREATHE deeper. We weren't able to turn the oxygen down until later in the afternoon and he's still getting a liter and a half (he's normally on a 1/4 liter). Then Saturday night he was basically up ALL NIGHT. By 5:00 am, I had only had about an hour and a half sleep. I have no idea what was wrong with him. He would fall asleep and then jerk awake crying. Whatever it was, he seemed to be fine all day yesterday and last night was much better. He did act very whiny during therapy today, so I think he's still wiped out from not getting enough sleep. I'm just glad he's acting like he feels better--I was really dreading another doctor visit.
We spent Father's Day at my parents. My mom cooked a roast and for dessert we had the most rich and DELISH chocolate and peanut butter brownie concoction! Yum, yum, good!

And I actually got to scrap this weekend! While Clayton and Brian watched the fight Saturday night, I did some scrapping. I made several cards and I got two layouts done. This layout is of me and Maegan Hall. She was the design team coordinator for A Scrapbook Shoppe. Notice I said "was." If you didn't already know, A Scrapbook Shoppe is closing--I'm really bummed about the whole thing. I loved the team I worked with and I enjoyed the work we did. I hate that it's ending. :(

I did this next layout for the Manufacturer challenge over at the PubCalls Blog. I really feel like these challenges are going to open up a lot of doors for unknown scrappers. The manufacturer that was spotlighted this week was Scenic Route, so I used their paper and chipboard letters for this layout about my graduation from UCA. This layout will go in my BOM (Book of Me).

Well, I must go for now. I've got plenty of laundry to do and the dishwasher needs to be unloaded. I've put it off as long as I could!

6 comments:

Oscar T. Grouch said...

Beautiful LO. SOrry to hear Clayton had a bad day and night. Your mention of night sweats though, I just assumed was a boy thing, cause Austin does it too. Needs dry jammies and sheets from sweating so much. Hugs from me.

Nancyroo said...

Love your LOs. Don't you look cute in the graduate one? I love that pink paper and the sizzx font.

Anonymous said...

Hi my name is Jenna. I came across your blog when I joined scrapjazz and have been reading it since. I've wanted to leave comments before and just felt a little funny about it - I don't have a blog (it somehow got all messed up and I deleted it) but after reading your posting today, I felt it was about time I said hello. I was actually thinking that Clayton might be having night terrors - both of my daughters have had them and that's the first thing I thought of when I read your post. Hang in there and this too shall pass. You're a very strong woman, a wonderful mother and a talented scrapbooker. Just wanted to let you know that.

Jennifer Sizemore said...

Oh, I am so sorry to hear that you had a rough weekend. But it sounds like it got better with that yummy dessert! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Pass me a slice, k?

And great layouts - both of them! I hadn't heard the store was closing. What a bummer!

Vicky said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE that meetinf Maegan LO, Just incredible!!!!! I think that nurse that was feeling faint is pathetic, dont you just want to tell people like that 'get over yourself!' Im glad that lovely boy is feeling better, i hate nights like that but i am glad you could deal with it at home and hope youve caught up on some sleep!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm loving your LO's Ash, especially the one about meeting Meagan. It's such a classic. Going straight into my fav's at SJ, if you've posted it there. Hope Clayton is feeling better.

Kirsty