Monday, May 05, 2008

Heidi's Class

This is the album we created in Heidi Swapp's class at the Scrap Etc. Event. I love Heidi, love her style, love her products, but this album was probably my least favorite project of the event. Mainly because I'm a practical kind of girl, and since I already have a journal and Memory Dock, this album really won't serve any purpose for me. Yes, it's artsier than a Memory Dock, but it's almost too delicate for practical use. I really like Heidi and listened to her lecture class intently--she always has some great insights on life in general, so it wasn't like the class was a complete waste . . .
On another note, the title of the album was originally supposed to be "To Your Heart Be True," but since the rubons she provided were HORRIBLE, it was impossible for me to get that many letters out of the package. So I stuck with a simpler title. Heidi assured everyone that the rubons were "new and improved" but everyone was having issues with them. That's my only complaint about her--you'd think since her name is on a product and so many people have ALWAYS had trouble with them, she would remedy the issue real fast-like . . .she needs to take some notes from Jenni Bowlin whose rubons were like butta! Someone asked Jenni why hers were so awesome as opposed to other brands and she said it was simple: MADE IN THE USA. Food for thought for sure!

6 comments:

Patti H said...

Ashley that album is beautiful! Glad you enjoyed her class! boo hoo SHE was the whole reason I wanted to go. Hmmmm I wonder if they will send me my stuff?

Kristin K Stock said...

ASHLEY!! This is beautiful! Just absolutely so wonderful. I am with Patti...I haven't got my stuff either.....

Lori Petticrew said...

wow! i love that album........i just printed the pages and i think i will lift that album. PRETTY

Cheri Pryor said...

Wow, Ashley!! That is really beautiful!!

And Heidi Swap rubons? Not working? Crappola? Shut. Up. You have to be kidding.

**insert I-hate-HS-rubon-won't-ever-buy-them-ever-never-ever sarcastic smiley here**

Cheri Pryor said...

wanted to add....LOVE the hug butterfly in the middle. That really freakin' rocks!

Monika said...

Hey Ash... that is soooo pretty. But I'm with you.. I would probably not use it for what its meant for. Maybe you can switch it up a bit??