Saturday, May 03, 2008

Breaking Up is Hard to Do

First we lost Rod. Got him replaced with Mike T. Been practicing with him each week so that we could get back to where we were with Rod. Now this past week, Mike R. informed us that he is losing his job and accepted another one in Dallas. And then we get an email from Mike T. saying it's just too much on his plate to keep drumming for us. So we're back to square one basically. Me, Brian, and Charlie. I totally understand they gotta do what they gotta do, but I'm still sad about the whole situation. I'm just feeling so blah about the whole thing now. Do we start over? Do we quit? I have no idea, but I hate that we've practiced so long for basically nothing!

6 comments:

Stacy said...

Well that just stinks Ashley! I hope you can find a couple more bandmates so that you can continue. I know its a good outlet for you and Brian to have. Plus you sound so good!!! It would be a waste not to share that talent with people.

Patti H said...

You have not wasted anything! You will find a few new members! YOu guys are too good to give up!!

Cassandra said...

Don't be discouraged-- you have an amazing gift to share!

Cheri Pryor said...

Poop. Not only on the band situation after all the practicing....but for having that song stuck in my head now. Hope we BOTH find some replacements!!

Trish said...

Hey Ashley, don't give up! Y'all sure are a good looking group! My son-in-law is a drummer. Would that help?

Anonymous said...

I know it is hard now, but the right band members will come along!