Tuesday, January 29, 2008

What's Up With Me?

I can't believe it's taken me this long to blog again! I haven't really been doing one thing in particular, but it seems like I'm just a busy bee running around in circles. So here are the highlights for those who are interested:
**Spending lots of time on my Bible Study (the teacher has to be ready!)
**The band is looking for a new drummer and still trying to play/practice at the same time.
**Sang a solo at church Sunday--the song was at the top of my range and my throat/voice is still not normal from all this congestion I'm still fighting. Praise the Lord I made it through without totally ruining the song!
**Clayton spent the night with Granny and Pop Friday night and as usual kept them up all night. Talk about sleep issues--that boy's got 'em!
**Brian and I worked at Upward Saturday morning and man is it hard for me to get out of bed for that! I am glad once I get there that I volunteered, but I am so not a morning person.
**Clayton is definitely becoming a little rebellious four year old. He has decided that not only will he hit himself and others out of frustration, he now also pulls at his button (feeding tube) and the gauze around it in rebellion. Drives me insane! And yes, he is getting disciplined, and no he doesn't care. His speech therapist had to put him in "timeout" the other day because he wouldn't stop pinching her after she had asked him to stop several times. He thinks it's a game but he should have stopped when she asked him to. I was a little worried about what timeout actually meant for him, but she said she just wheeled him around to face the opposite direction and it didn't even last a minute. I'm so hoping he doesn't become one of "those" kids!!!!
That's everything I can think of at the moment. Hope everyone has a good week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's not one of "those" kids. He's just hitting the "terrible twos" a little late. Lucky you.;) He'll grow out of it, you just have to try and maintain your sanity in the mean time and learn ways to discipline him that actually matter to him...that will be the hard part. Each kid is different, and he's just too cute!

Becky said...

I know the I feel like I've been going all day but got nothing accomplished feeling LOL