Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Welcome 2008!

Ringing in the new year for us always means celebrating Brian's birthday as well. And although he was a total dud on New Year's Eve (he was asleep by 9:00!), we did have a full day yesterday to make up for it. We started out watching the game at my aunt and uncle's house (pretty sorry game, to say the least). We had cake and ice cream and made it through "Happy Birthday to You" without even making Clayton cry!
We then moved on to some friends' of ours for dinner. Had our lucky black-eyed peas and I kindly passed over the cabbage . . . In Clayton's perfect timing, his Milk of Magnesia kicked in while we were there. I won't go into major details, but I will say that his clothes had to be washed while we were there and I'm super glad it happened at a home that has a child in diapers--they had plenty of wipees and the poop didn't seem to bother them much (or so they said!). Clayton had so much fun at their house despite the pooping. Their little girl is so great about playing with him and including him in every activity. And she was determined to hold him even though I'm pretty sure he weighs more than her!

1 comment:

Cassandra said...

Great pictures Ashley-- I just LOVE his eyelashes!!!