Friday, January 04, 2008

Good Intentions

Long before Christmas, I had a great idea for Clayton's therapists' gifts. I would have gotten started on them then if I had known how long it would take to get them put together! I have them ready, I just want to get them framed and it looks like they'll be Valentine's Day gifts by the time they get them! They are 5 x 5, so I bought 5 x 5 frames, which makes total sense, right? Wrong. In those frames, you can't see the whole design that my friend Christina made for me. So I decided to go back up to Hobby Lobby yesterday to see if they could custom frame them for me. She recommended I come back next week when custom framing is half off (no problem there) and then she said that it will take about two weeks to actually get the frames in! So these special little gifts probably won't be so special when they finally open them. Kind of anticlimatic in a way, but I'm willing to wait in order to get them how I originally pictured them in my head!

3 comments:

Oscar T. Grouch said...

Hi Ashley:
A gift is a special gift, no matter when it is given.
I was cruising through the Sears catalog and I came across something and thought of you. I don't know if you ever got wheel chair ramps for Claytons chair? Sears has ones that are only 53 pounds, can come apart in the middle, and also fold up, and they were only $999. Thought I would let you know.

Kelli said...

can't wait to see your creation ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I bet they are gorgeous! Can't wait to see them.