Friday, October 19, 2007

It's Here, in this Town

The MRSA infection that has been in the news this week is the same infection that killed Shawn. And although I had already decided it was time to be a stickler about germs around Clayton again (going back into guard mode), I was comforted by the fact that all the cases were somewhere else besides here. But I got an email this morning from church requesting prayer for a teenage girl at a local school--she has been diagnosed with MRSA and isn't doing well at all. So my first instinct is to basically camp out here at home forever--I can't imagine Clayton getting it! His body is definitely in better shape than Shawn's, but he doesn't even do well with a common cold, much less a deadly infection!!!!!!!! Oh my. Please pray that Clayton is protected.

Journaling: While she puts on a brave face for the world, she fights an inner battle everyday. The battle against a fear so deep, she can’t even describe it. Simply put: she can’t bear the thought of losing another child. She copes by spoiling him, sheltering him, and keeping him close by as much as possible. And as he is getting older, she is regretfully letting go—but she will continue to hold on tight for as long as he will let her. Journaling 6/07; Photo 1/06

8 comments:

Lee-Ellen said...

that infection is running rampid here too. i will pray that Clayton stays safe from all of the harmful germs. give him a big hug and kiss for me!! hugs to you ashley!!

Anonymous said...

Your family is always in my thoughts and prayers, I will be sure to say a special prayer for Clayton. Hugs to you........

Noel said...

Very touching Ashley! I love the LO's that you do like this. It makes me reflect and think about myself and my family.

Also wanted to let you know I tagged you on my personal blog.

Anonymous said...

Such a intense time for you Ashley. Your family are in my thoughts and I hope everyday that Clayton stays healthy. :hug:

Oscar T. Grouch said...

waving a Monday morning HI!

~ RebekahBoo said...

Ashley, that's such a beautiful LO and the journaling is so touching. {{HUGS}} Praying for you guys.

Kelli said...

I'll be praying for you. You are a wonderful mother, you and Clayton are so blessed, thanks for sharing your heart :)

Robyn said...

beautiful lay out. Love the journaling.