Monday, October 15, 2007

I Haven't Been Scrapping

I've been reading! For those who know me well, you know this is a big deal--I haven't been able to really enjoy a book since the boys were born. But two weeks ago, I picked up an old favorite and devoured it! I've since read another one and I'm on my third one--takes me a little longer to read a book with Clayton here, and I definitely have to read in short spurts, but I'm enjoying the escape when I can get it. It feels so good to "come home" to my old friends, my books. I didn't really think I would ever be a reader again, but I'm glad I took a chance and decided to try it again. For so long, I couldn't read for my mind wandering on life's questions and problems--but now I see that they can be a chance to forget those nagging feelings for a while--I hope it lasts!

4 comments:

Lori Petticrew said...

i miss reading too.
i love fiction. a good stephen king book makes me wish for those days when i could read one of his books in a weekend

Jennifer Sizemore said...

I have been reading alot lately, too. Usually, I read mostly when I travel, but that has just not been enough lately!

Glad you are doing it!

Noel said...

I need to get back into reading. I have 4 books on my nightstand I need to dive into. I read to many magazines, that's my problem!

Anonymous said...

Oh Reading is a wonderful escape, I'm glad you were about to start again. I go through spurts myself, wanting to read more but finding it difficult to find the time . . . well worth the effort though!