Thursday, September 20, 2007

Fair Report

Last night was our big gig at the county fair. And I must say that it was a little anti-climatic. We had sound issues from the get-go and I was immediately frustrated, which makes for a different feel when you're up there singing. In a nutshell, the crowd reported that you had to stand in certain spots to get a good sound and to actually understand what I was singing. Very frustrating! I'm such a perfectionist and stickler for these things that I was very disappointed after we left. My mom said it all sounded good in the way that you could tell we were playing great and on key and stuff, but you just didn't always know what the song was about! And that's the whole reason we're up there--the message of the songs!!! At any rate, we got paid for our work and that was the nice part of dealing with the issues . . . we had lots of people come out and see us as well--I just hope they don't judge us too harshly because of the sound problems!
One good thing about last night was that Clayton got to ride some rides! He loved it! I was so proud that he got to do what the other kids were doing--I snapped this picture with my phone, so the quality isn't that great, but you can see he has a smile on his face!

7 comments:

Kelli said...

wow he's having so much fun :) I love it ;)

Lee-Ellen said...

he looks like he is having a blast!! what a cutie!

Paula... said...

a pity about the sound, but I'm sure everything was fine othewise. Great to see you're going places with your band :) Doesn't Clayton look so happy :)

Anonymous said...

Yall will work out the kinks Ashley, it just takes experience. I think it's wonderful that yall had the opportunity. Your guys look adorable!

Robyn said...

Clayton looks like he's having the time of his life. Sorry you had sound problems.

Leslie said...

I'm sorry it didn't go as well as you had hoped but you'll work it out and at your next gig will sound fabulous!!! That pic of Clayton is wonderful...it's amazing how he is changing and growing!

Patti H said...

Clayton and Brian look like they are having so much fun!