Monday, August 14, 2006

Insomniac

My new medicine has got me so wired . . .last night the last time I looked at the clock it was 4:40 a.m. And here I sit at 12:49 a.m. wide awake wanting to scrap and trying not to. I really don't want to risk making a lot of noise and waking up Clayton or Brian. So I thought I'd just blog a bit.
We had band practice Saturday. It's the first one since Clayton got out of the hospital so we were a bit rusty. Brian didn't think it went well, but I thought we got a lot accomplished. (Funny how two people see things so differently). Starting this week we will be practicing every Thursday and Friday in order to get ourselves ready for the Jecho Music Festival at the end of October. We have a long way to go, but I really feel like we will be able to pull it together.
I was so proud of Brian this weekend. Get this--HE TURNED HIS PHONE OFF. Major milestone. He is finally realizing that the only way to NOT WORK is to turn the phone off and just wait until Monday morning to return all calls. People seem to think that he can talk business at any time day or night--drives me crazy. Maybe this weekend was a new beginning for him!
Okay, off to my scrap sites. I'm submitting to several Design Team calls this week--surely SOMEBODY will like my work and invite me to work with them! Here's hoping!

7 comments:

Nathalie Kalbach said...

I wish you good luck with your DT- submission - I'm sure it will work!!!

Unknown said...

Good luck Ashely on your dt submissions! Rooting for you girl!

Oscar T. Grouch said...

I am a hater of the cell phone and beeper too. Glad he turned it off.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the DT!!!!

~Denise said...

oh you are so going to get picked up!!!
I'm sure you'll let us know!

Lori Petticrew said...

SO glad he turned that phone off . and glad your doing ok! hugs!

Melissa said...

lots of luck with all your DT submissions :) and thanks for your comment on my blog today