Saturday, July 08, 2006

Today Was a Good Day

I had a really good day today. And it started out good last night--I happened to check ScrapJazz after midnight last night and was VERY surprised to see that my layout Sweet Baby Girl had been chosen for Layout of the Day. Since I got LOTD not too long ago, I never dreamed another layout would be chosen so soon or even at all. And the really weird thing about that layout was it was a complete redo! I had originally done it using Imagination Project papers, but it just didn't look right to me. I had been saving those Wild Asparagus papers for something special, so I decided those photos of Whitney were just perfect. Turns out I was right. :)
So the day got even better when we went swimming at our friends' house. Last year Clayton enjoyed the water so much, but we never could get him to kick or splash--he was always as stiff as a board. But today was different--he kicked so much that he was able to move his little floatie all by himself. Finally self-propelled!!!!! I so hope he will transfer that skill to the walker and start taking more steps on dry ground. Here are a few snapshots from the day:




In the last two, he was completely pooped out. I love the last one especially because this is what he does instead of sucking his thumb. He just holds his hand to his mouth and sucks on his tounge as if he had a pacifier (he gags on actual pacifiers).

He's got a little red nose now--so cute because he could use some color (just like his Momma in that area)!! Definitely can't complain about such a good day.

6 comments:

Amy W. said...

super sweet photos! LOVE the 'lounging' ones...he's just "chillin'"! ;>

Kim said...

Soooo cute! Gotta love our white, chunky boys! (Although I'm pretty glow in the dark myself, I can't really talk LOL)

Nancyroo said...

love the pics of clayton! he looks so relaxed!

Jenna said...

Glad you had such a wonderful day! Clayton looks so happy!

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOODNESS, He looks just like Brian!!!! What a cutie pie!!

Anonymous said...

Love that photo's of Clayton. They're too cute.