Monday, July 03, 2006

Feels Good to be Free

As we celebrate Independence Day, I wanted to say how blessed I feel to have been born in the United States of America. It feels so good to know that I can worship my God freely and without risk of persecution. I am also so thankful that I have never witnessed war in my own backyard. Thank you to all the military families {past and present} who make this way of life possible for us. I can't imagine the sacrifices and stresses you have had to endure. I am so grateful for all the men and women who have fought and fight now for this country.

Have a wonderful holiday everyone! It's going to be an EXTRA hot one here--we plan to enjoy a cookout at my parents' house and maybe do some swimming at some friends' of ours. Happy Fourth of July!

(The photo is courtesy of my friend Yolanda Williams. She took this while we were doing some shopping in the Birmingham Mall).

2 comments:

Christy said...

Ditto those blessed feelings-- I am one of those people who gets teary singing the star spangled banner cause I think about that freedom and am overwhelmed. Have a great holiday!

ck

Kelli said...

Praise God! I love that pic...I'm so glad Yolanda took that! That flag was simply the biggest I'd ever seen, LOL.