Thursday, August 04, 2011

30/52 Phillipians 1:3

As becoming my habit, I skipped the group's theme for last week's photo.  I had a ton of photos from VBS and also lots from our Family Ministry Retreat on Friday night.  I chose this photo for the week because it represents more than just a group of people meeting to nail down the details of a new ministry for the church.  This core group represents the many close friends in our church who have weathered every storm and celebrated every triumph of my family during the last ten years.  From the major things like literally praying down Heaven on behalf of Shawn and Clayton to the small details of doing our laundry for weeks on end (Thanks, Holly!), these people have helped carry us through.

Even more than that, this group (and church as a whole) is so different from any other I've attended in my lifetime.  Most churches I've attended seemed to hand out masks at the door.  Everyone always put on their church face, if you will.  And while that does happen at our church, it happens in a different way.  No other way to explain it except to say that I feel like these people are REAL.  Also?  They know the REAL me and they love me anyway!

I thank my God every time I remember you. Phillipians 1:3

No comments: