Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Security Item

When Clayton checks into the hospital, they always ask if he has a "security item." And for Clayton, his security is simply Daddy and Momma (in that order). Jackson, on the other hand, has decided no blanket or Teddy will do--he only needs his bottle to rest easy!
Since weaning off the b.reast, he has quickly become attached to his new source of food. The look he used to give me is now reserved for his bottles! And it makes no difference if he's eaten lately or not--if he sees a bottle, he nearly hyperventilates until he gets it in his hands. And for that matter, he covets anyone's drink! Brian and I have to almost drink in secret in order to keep him from throwing a fit! But if we do drink in front of him after he's just finished his bottle, I just hand him a sippy cup of water so he can get used to drinking from it. Hopefully this new found love for the bottles will easily translate to sippy cups!

4 comments:

Kristina said...

That is so funny! This post made me laugh out loud. Sounds like the way to Clayton's heart really is through his belly!

Katy said...

Kids are so funny! Charlie's never been one for a security item either.

Milk and Honey Mommy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Milk and Honey Mommy said...

Ashley,

I'm sure the sight of Jackson coveting someone else's drink is quite funny. My children never really had a security anything. Hmm, I wonder if that makes them odd :), very secure, or totally apathetic. I think only my youngest was even close as he used me, up to a few weeks ago (he's three) as a human pacifier/comforter.

I didn't see an E-mail address to write you in other than a comment. I bought ineverimagined.com a while ago and don't use it. It is about to expire and wanted to let you know in case you wanted it before it does. Let me know and I will check about transferring it to you. You can E-mail me at milkandhoneymommy[at]gmail[dot]com .