Wednesday, February 25, 2009

25 Weeks

I MADE IT! I'M OFFICIALLY PAST THE POINT OF WHEN I WENT INTO LABOR WITH THE BOYS!!! I can hear all of your applause for little Baby C for making it to this point! Not to say that he isn't keeping it interesting . . . yesterday morning I was cramping and hurting so bad that I had to call the doctor. She saw me in the afternoon and for the first time, she actually seemed worried. I had blood in my urine but wasn't visibly bleeding--my cervix was closed and still measuring well. The only difference on the ultrasound was that the edge of my uterus (near my cervix) was no longer nicely curved--it was kind of shaped like the top of a heart. I immediately noticed the difference and she seemed perplexed by the change--couldn't figure out if it was the placenta or if it was the beginnings of Baby C's tunnel out into the world. Either one isn't good, but all we can do is watch and wait since my cervix is still thick. All that aside, the main verdict was that my pain and the blood were probably due to a bladder infection, for which I'm now taking antibiotics. I didn't even realize how stressed and worried I was until after she left the room. The tears couldn't help but flow and I think Brian was on the verge of a nervous breakdown! (It's hard to tell how worried he is until we have a close call like that!) SOOOO. . . . . fine for this week and praying for several more good weeks of a growing baby inside the womb!

9 comments:

Oscar T. Grouch said...

keep that baby growing. HUGS and prayers are always going your way.

Laurajean said...

Wow girl...I've been thinking of you and I'm so glad to see that you are doing okay. I will definitely say some prayers for you and baby c...God Bless!!!

Patti H said...

still in our thoughts everyday. good news but this baby c has to stop scaring us all like this!

Patti H said...

oh wanted to add where is our belly pic?

Susan said...

Praise God..I am so happy for you!

Yankee said...

Sending more prayers your way.

Keri said...

So, I'm fairly new to your blog. But couldn't resist saying God bless after reading this post!

Clayton is a handsome little man!

Leslie said...

congrats on getting to this day. keep taking it easy and I'm still thinking about you and praying.

Cheri Pryor said...

Oh, HOORAY!! Still praying....you are in my thoughts almost every day.

And before I leave, where is the belly pic? lol!