Friday, November 21, 2008

Daily Conversations (with Clayton)

I wish I had a video instead of just the transcript but at least a dozen times a day, I have these conversations with Clayton:

Clayton: Momma?
Me: Hmm?
Clayton: What's that?
Me: Clayton, you know what that is, you tell me.
Clayton: What?

Clayton: Momma?
Me: Yes?
Clayton: Daddy?
Me: He's at work.
Clayton: Momma.
Me: Hmm?
Clayton: Daddy.
Me: He's at work, Clayton.
Clayton: Momma.
Me: Yes, Clayton?
Clayton: Daddy.

Clayton: Momma?
Me: Hmm?
Clayton: Momma.
Me: Hmm?
Clayton: Momma.
Me: Yes?
Clayton: Momma.
Me: Clayton!?
Clayton: What? (said in his most innocent voice)

And since he hasn't been at school a lot this week, we've probably had them no less than a couple HUNDRED times in the car driving back and forth to Little Rock!! Just another reason you gotta love him!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, I think he may just love the sound of the word Momma. :)

Cheri Pryor said...

My middle son used to do that, too. He just liked to say "mommy?" about 427 times. When he finally got my attention, he NEVER had anything to say. He would just smile and giggle. It was a "fun" game. lol!

Patti H said...

lol to cute Ashley. But I think we need a video uploaded here again! How you been feeling?

Amy said...

I can almost hear his voice when I read that!