Monday, August 25, 2008

He Survived (and We Did Too!)

Of course we knew he would, but it was questionable if his parents (and grandparents) would make it through the milestone! You can see by the pic that he really liked the markers, so much so that he decided to even wear them as lipstick! He looked just like a little girl when I went to pick him up! His teachers all said he did great except for naptime (surprise, surprise). He just kept saying NO to Ms. Marcia and she said he cried enough she finally gave up--he ended up down the hall being an "office helper" until the other kids finished his nap. That's where he got a hold of the markers. Hopefully he'll learn to use them on paper instead of his face before the year's over!
You can probably see in his eyes that he's pretty tired. He came home and immediately went to sleep when I held him. I tried to get up but he woke up CRANKY. He just wanted me to sit and hold him--guess he missed me after all! Hopefully he'll start resting with his class soon--I'd hate for him to come home so exhausted every day.
Thank you everyone for your prayers! Today was definitely the start of a new era in his little life and we can't wait to see what it brings!

6 comments:

Cassandra said...

Awwww! Glad he (and by he, I mean you guys--haha) survived the big change today!

Patti H said...

Glad Clayton had a good day. I am glad his parents and grandparents survived the day too. Poor Clayton looks exhausted. He will fall into the routine. What time does he go to school and how long each day?

Stacy said...

He is just so pooped right out! lol Lacy thinks that Clayton is "So cute and he is smiling nice" lol

I am glad you all survived day one!

Oh and tagged you on my blog!

Lee-Ellen said...

I'm so glad he had a good day! And I'm glad you guys survived it, its so hard to watch them grow and learn.

Lee-Ellen said...

just tagged you on my blog

Cheri Pryor said...

That's wonderful Ashley!! Yay for Clayton! Maybe the markers were those yummy smelling ones? Of course if they were they would have been all over his nose! lol!

Hoping Clayton gets in to his new routine...and naps...and doesn't wear his poor lil' self out.