Friday, August 22, 2008

Closer Than Ever

It's been a long time in coming, but Clayton is almost all set up for preschool at the clinic. I can't believe the time has finally come for me to hand him over to someone else---I'm not liking it one bit!! He was checked out by their medical director this morning and all we're waiting on is the prescription for special schooling and therapies. His doctor is pretty fast with prescriptions, so I'm scared to death he'll start next week! He is so ready, but this momma is gonna have a hard time letting go of the control for even a few hours a day! We visited his classroom and I started tearing up and it wasn't even his first day! He was probably so embarrassed! Oh well, just one of many times I'll be embarrassing to him . . .

6 comments:

Lee-Ellen said...

oh ash!! its awesome that he's ready to go to preschool - how exciting!! it will be much harder on you than it will be on him. i cried the first day i left bryce at preschool (and i was already used to leaving him at the babysitter's house) but he loved it and made friends and learned so much! can't wait to see his first day of preschool pics!!

Nic said...

I'm so proud of you Clayton! What a big boy! I know it's hard Ashley. They grow up so fast.

Cheri Pryor said...

Wow. School for the big guy. I can't believe it, Ashley!! Your story brought tears to my own eyes as I remember my first going off to Kindergarten and announcing to me, "You can go, mommy. I don't need you here."

**sniff**

Kelli said...

Yes I've cried, preschool and now kindergarten, and I cried when I picked him up and he told me that this week he was a helper by holding the bible while they said the pledge...Our boys are growing up and you will miss him for the rest of his life but you will find that they are taking care of him, and he's learning and socializing with other kids, he'll have fun I promise! hugs!

Cassandra said...

Wow-- I can't believe it. Enjoy the cry-- sit in the director's office and don't leave the first day-- it makes for a good story and they will pick on you for years. Ask me how I know....

Patti H said...

LOL Cassandra! Oh Ashley what leaps and bounds that little man of yours is making! I am so excited for Clayton but I know Mom is going to need big hugs!