Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Quickie Projects

Here are a couple more projects from the Scrap Etc. Event. The album was created in a class by Danelle Johnson and Kristi Blankenship of Creative Cafe. They shared lots of simple ways of recording your family's everyday moments and even the thoughts, feelings of each family member, etc. The biggest point they made was to do something rather than waiting until you have time to do some awesome publish-worthy layout. Because twenty years, thirty years, fourty years down the road, will the design really matter? Of course not! Just the memory recorded on the page is all it comes down to in the end. This particular album is divided into twelve sections, so it could easily become a month-to-month way of recording little things that have happened with your family. The other big idea that they shared that got me thinking was a Family Circle Journal--a journal passed from one family member to the next by way of letters written to each other. Neat idea, huh?
This next project wasn't necessarily my favorite mainly because I'm not great with altered art or cutesy things like that. And since I don't have a true "scrapbook room," I never really know what to do with those things anyway. Can't really hang them in the kitchen if you know what I mean. Monique McClean taught this class and it was basically just replicating her example. Here's how mine turned out:



4 comments:

Patti H said...

wow Ashley I am so impressed! Next time we get together I would love to touchy feely these! THey look great!!

Kelli said...

oh how I wish I was there! It sounds very inspirational :)

Cassandra said...

I love these colors! Such cute projects!

Stacy said...

Goodness woman! I want to be like you when I grow up! lol Seriously I love all of the work you posted. You have some talent Ashley!