Thursday, April 24, 2008

Let Me Tell You About

The Grand Ole Opry! To be honest, I thought it was just for old folks, but it turned out to be the best thing about Nashville in our opinion! When I found out that Martina McBride was going to be there, I knew we had to go, even if they don't do a full-blown concert. It was worth it to just get to see her do a few songs . . . We had great seats, fourth row to be exact, so we could really see all the behind the scenes action. The sound quality was absolutely incredible! And the down home feel--no one is treated with any airs--they just come on out and sing. Simply put, it was a great time!




Clayton loved every minute (oh, except for that time that Brian left to go take pictures--we missed one whole song due to the crying and fit thowin' for Daddy!) He stayed in Brian's lap and clapped and danced the whole time!!

Jim Ed Brown:
Steve Wariner:


A new group, The Steeldrivers:

Eric Church:

Bill Anderson:

Lee Greenwood:

Little Jimmy Dickens:

And of course, Martina:

4 comments:

Nic said...

What a good picture of Martina. She is so pretty and I love her voice!

Amanda said...

Hey Ashley! Just wanted to stop in quickly and say HI! I'm glad I got to visit with you and your family for a few minutes at the event. I should have moved to group A with you. Group B was LARGE very LARGE. Give Clayton a hug for me... he is the sweetest thing ever! ;)

Trish said...

These are some great pics! I love Martina! My dd sings her songs a lot!

Patti H said...

Ashley thanks for sharing these photos! Wow the photos are amazing!! So glad Clayton enjoyed himself!