Friday, March 14, 2008

Does He Look Sick to You?

Nope, didn't think so . . . but apparently he is because for the last three days he's been needing more and more oxygen. I slowly started doing C.P.T. (chest physiotherapy) in the beginning of the week and upping his inhalers. That's what they would do if we took him to the hosptial (believe me, we have plenty of experience!) I finally called Dr. Lyle's nurse this morning because even though he hasn't been "acting" sick, he does cough some and has lots of mucus in his nose that I'm constantly suctioning out. He's even asking me to suction him which is something totally new since that machine is so loud it even scares me sometimes! Anyway, the nurse talked it over with Dr. Lyle and he's pretty much sure it's RSV. Oh, JOY! Since he's not running fever and doesn't act like he feels bad, he's almost certain that's what it is. All that mucus is keeping his lungs from properly ventilating. Nothing really to do except let it run it's course and step up the breathing treatments big time. We'll only go to the hospital if it gets to a point where we can't give him the amout of oxygen he needs. Other than that, we'll hang out here and do the breathing treatments ourselves. And it sounds like Clayton won't be participating in the Easter egg hunt tomorrow or even getting to carry his little palm branch on Sunday for Palm Sunday. Bummer. Hopefully he'll be all better by Easter (he has a habit of getting sick around holidays for some reason). I am glad he is still wanting to play and not running fever. That fever throws him for such a loop--so there is a praise in all this rambling!

5 comments:

Becky said...

Awww poor little guy, hope he feels better soon!

Anonymous said...

i'm glad it's not any worse and he's in good spirits. poor guy tho, hopefully he's better for easter!

Nic said...

I hope Clayton gets better soon. I hope you know the girls are going to be hitting you and Brian up to by cookies from them :) Our Soccer games got cancelled today b/c of the rain.

ps. I did find out who my CA visiter was :)

Leslie said...

oh I do hope he's starting to feel better. Hugs to him and you!

Patti H said...

aw give Clayton a big hug from us please!! Hope he is feeling better for the Easter Festivities