Thursday, March 01, 2007

Contest: Week One

Week one of the FUNK IT UP! at scrapforums.com is over, so I can now share my first entry. Our challenge was to use a line of lyric from the song "Photograph" by Nickelback. I chose the line "it's hard to say it, time to say it, goodbye, goodbye." I've been thinking about Shawn a lot lately, so I used this as an opportunity to put my thoughts down on paper.

My dearest Shawn,

It's been three and a half years since you left us. In some ways it seems just like yesterday, and in other ways it seems like a lifetime ago. And in spite of myself, I still mourn my loss. I miss you. I miss having you in my life. I miss seeing my twins grow up together. I keep telling myself to move on--it's time to get over it. But I don't know if I'll ever be able to completely let go. My heart will never be able to say goodbye. I love you. I love you so much.

Forever your mommy.

Journaling on the side: I want to hold you. I want to be your mother--to fuss over you and worry about. I can't wait to see you in Heaven.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

oh sweetie wow! I love it :)

Leslie said...

that is really beautiful Ash.

Jes said...

ashley, it's beautiful in every sense *hug*