Tuesday, December 09, 2008

14 Weeks

Two weeks have finally passed and I had another doctor's appointment today. I was totally caught off guard by the extreme emotions I ended up feeling. The baby was much more active today and as soon as I saw all the movement, the tears just overflowed! The baby was yawning, sucking on it's hand and moving all around--it was so comforting to see my little baby so active. (And isn't it a wonder that all that's going on and I still can't feel any of it!?) You can see the baby bringing it's hand to it's mouth in this first picture:And here's a profile shot to give you more perspective. It's amazing how you can see their little bones and even the actual brain! God is definitely in the miracle business and it's a wonder to see the miracles our little babies truly are!And speaking of miracles, it's a been a blessing to have Dr. Lawrence by my side. When I broke down today, she was completely understanding. She knows intuitively how blessed I feel, but at the same time how extremely scared I am. She is great at balancing my fears, while still staying cautious and in prevention mode. I think she did more psychiatric work and Christian counseling today instead of actual obstetrics!
I see her again in two weeks, right before Christmas. She says we're getting to crunch time on my cervix, and while everything is looking great so far, now is the time to keep a close eye on things. And the Lord knows I'm all about going in every day if I have to!!

14 comments:

Nic said...

Awwww.....How cute!!

Anonymous said...

These are awesome pictures. Can I say I am jealous? I think my ultrasound machine was from the 80's or something.

Patti H said...

Ashley you are in my thoughts daily! Thanks for the update!

Cheri Pryor said...

Still praying...I think it's a girl. Look how big her brain is. tee-hee!

Lee-Ellen said...

beautiful! glad things are going so well ash!

Amanda said...

Hi Ashley,

I just wanted to say congrats on the pregnancy! I haven't been on your blog in awhile and missed the news. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Oh and btw, I'm pregnant too! I'm just 6 weeks along.

gab423 said...

Awwww...it really is amazing! {{{hugs}}}

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photos of your baby Ashley!

Yankee said...

I love ultrasound pictures! Congratulations again.

Amy said...

Well, you can already tell that baby's gorgeous!

Cassandra said...

So exciting! Cheri's comment cracked me up :-)

Anonymous said...

how exciting Ashley!! lots of prayers for a healthy pregnancy and baby!! The ultrasound pics are amazing!!

Anonymous said...

So happy for you! I am not sure what cervix problems you had before - but I had cerclages with both of my pregancies - and went to 41 weeks!!! Please email if you have any questions! Praying for you!! Mona mr8kd@swbell.net

Anonymous said...

Ashley!!! I did not know you are expecting!!! Congrats!!! I love the blog, Clayton is looking so grown up! Beautiful singing voice you have there as well..I am so happy for your family!!!

God Bless & Happy Holidays!

LisaRN499 (SJ)